We all know how challenging it is to sort through all of the statistics published about email, its effectiveness, and best practices. In fact, there is so much information available, it’s sometimes easier to ignore it all and continue to market to our customers “the way we’ve always done it.”
Jay Baer, a social media and content strategist, recently blogged about a panel discussion sponsored by Marketing Profs Digital Marketing Mixer. The session was titled “What Your Customers Really Think of Your Email Program.”
The panelists’ responses to the question “Which of These Email Marketing Stats Scare You the Most?” provide solid reasons to review your current email marketing practices to ensure that complacency isn’t damaging your results. Highlights include:
- 35% of business professionals check email on a mobile device.
- 84% of people 18-34 use an email preview pane.
- 35% of email recipients open email based on the subject line alone.
- 69% of email recipients report email as Spam based solely on the subject line.
- IP addresses appearing on just one of the 12 major blacklists had email deliverability 25 points below those not listed on any blacklists.
You can view the entire blog post here.