Sweet Springs, MO – November 26, 2012 – MCH Strategic Data announced the results of a detailed survey regarding the use of technology in the nation’s school districts. The data was obtained during detailed telephone interviews with 5,146 public school districts, 33.5% of all U.S. school districts representing 33.9% of public school students. Selected results include:
- 90% of all school districts use electronic white boards and the great majority of them (87.9%) use them in all schools in the district.
- 64% of all districts have wireless internet access in their schools with 75% having wireless internet access in all schools in the district.
- 61% of school districts use document cameras.
- 54% use tablet computers and/or eReaders. An additional 10% of school districts plan to purchase tablet computers and/or eReaders in the next 18 months making tablet computers and/or eReaders the fastest growing of all the technologies surveyed. 75% of the districts using tablet computers and/or eReaders use them in all schools in the district.
- 48% of districts use Student Response Systems (clickers).
- 47% use Distance Learning.
- Only 21% have Bring Your Own Technology (BYOT) programs in which the students use their own devices in the classroom. Of these about half have a BYOT policy in all schools and half in some schools.
Download the 2012 School Technology Survey Briefing for expanded results.
The survey also included technology budget information and brands of digital whiteboards, tablet computers, and eReaders used. MCH Strategic Data can also provide the complete survey results in database form.
About MCH Strategic Data:
MCH Strategic Data (www.mchdata.com) is a U.S. based compiler of comprehensive K-12 and early childhood marketing databases. MCH provides email, direct mail, telemarketing, online, social media, and geospatial marketing solutions focused on more than five million K-12 educators. The company’s business-to-institution focus includes government agencies, hospitals, medical practices, schools, school districts, and churches. MCH is headquartered in Sweet Springs, Missouri, with additional offices in California, Colorado, Connecticut, Illinois, Massachusetts, and Missouri.